You have been working on one or more agile teams, very often taking a Scrum or Kanban-based approach, and for the most part you’ve had positive experiences. But you’ve run into a few challenges along the way and you realize that others have surely figured these things out. Challenges such as how database work can proceed in an agile manner, how can an existing testing department transition to agile, how do you govern agile teams effectively, how can you support a common enterprise architecture across agile teams, how do you address architecture at all on agile teams, and many other common challenges are faced by your organization on a daily basis.
- Get answers to your questions about how to apply agile in practice
- Hear about how other organizations have addressed the challenges that you currently face
- Learn about the choices you have available to you so that you can adopt a strategy that works for you
- One Complimentary Certified Disciplined Agilist test attempt when written within 30 days of the course end date
- Gain first-hand knowledge about the DA process decision framework and its application from one of its co-founders
- Attendees earn the designation of Disciplined Agilist
The agenda will be tailored to meet your needs. We begin with a brief overview of the fundamentals of Disciplined Agile. Then the remainder of the workshop is run like an agile project. As a group we run through a brainstorming session where workshop participants identify questions that they want to get answered about how to pragmatically apply agile strategies in the situations that they face. We then group the questions into topics. At that point we treat the topics as requirements for the workshop which we estimate, prioritize, and work through in an agile manner. This approach enables us to tailor a workshop that addresses your most pressing concerns.
Some questions that have been asked in previous workshops:
- How do architecture practices fit in?
- How can you remain agile when you need to give a fixed estimate up front?
- How do you work in an agile manner when the team isn’t co-located?
- How do you organize large agile teams?
- How do we improve our testing strategies?
- How do we evolve from Scrum to DA?
- How does DA support DevOps?
- How do project managers/business analysts/quality professionals/… fit in?
This intermediate course is for:
- Experienced agilists wanting to increase their understanding of DA
- People wishing to prepare for Disciplined Agile Certification
Attendees must have actual experience on at least one agile project.