Agile Product Owner and Management Overview
Set expectations and develop an engagement model with the business, product owners and managers.
Earn 7 IIBA CDUs and PMI PDUs
As the key stakeholder, the agile product owner role is very hands-on and a significant role that can make or break an agile team. The management team (including project management, resource management and upper management) must change and adjust their approaches to align with agile values.
In order to take full advantage of agile, the organization must have a program and portfolio framework that is just as mature as the teams’ agile mindset. Everyone involved with an agile project needs to have an understanding of the needs they are trying to satisfy and the approach they are using to satisfy those needs. This course is designed to introduce product owners and management to the agile values, principles, and techniques, as well as an overview of various agile approaches (Scrum, Kanban), the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and value management.
In this course Business Analysts will learn to:
- Review the concepts of agile and discuss the impacts to the organization
- Understand the agile product owner’s role in an agile environment and the benefit in creating a subject matter expert support team
- Learn an approach to determining Minimum Viable Product and ROI
- Understand a featured driven approach to value management
- Suggestions for creating healthy and sustainable agile teams
- Identify ways to change actions, behaviors, and results to drive agile values
This course is designed for product owners and management involved with agile teams who need a more in-depth understanding of the process and skill set needed for a successful agile team.